If you are looking for a safe and fun place to ski this winter, Sun Valley is your number one choice! Besides being voted 2021’s #1 Ski Resort in the West by Ski Magazine, there are several reasons why Sun Valley is should be your top winter vacation destination. Sun Valley has the highest lift capacity per skier of any resort. This means less time standing in line, less people on the lifts and more time shredding the slopes. The new expansion project brings the total skiable terrain to 2434 acres! Sun Valley averages only 3500 skiers per day, so that is plenty of space for your social distancing needs. If you want even more room to roam, Sun Valley offers over 40 km of groomed trails for Nordic skiing, snowshoeing and fat tire biking to get you out into the beautiful wilderness areas surrounding Ketchum and Sun Valley.
Here are some policies Sun Valley has announced to make sure everyone has a fun and safe experience on the slopes this season:
- Bald Mountain lifts are set to open on Thanksgiving Day November 26.
- Dollar Mountain lifts are set to open on December 12.
- Sales of day passes may be limited to manage peak day access if the mountain exceeds capacity, so get your tickets early.
- For Sun Valley Season Passes and Epic Passes, there will be no restrictions on when you can ski and no reservations needed. This includes Challenger, Young Adult Challenger, Child Challenger, Freedom Found, 15 Day Plus, Sun & Snow, Early/Late and College Season Passes.
- Masks are required inside of all lodges, while waiting in lift lines, and anywhere where 6 ft distance is not possible.
- All lodges and dining facilities are planning on being open this season. There will be limits to the number of people inside at one time. Indoor seating has been reduced and outdoor seating and dining options have been expanded. Lodges are offering more outdoor food choices, more grab and go options, and some places will offer reservations.
- Base areas will offer outdoor drop off for storing equipment in a secure and sanitized bag check.
- SnowSports school will offer lessons for both children and adults in private lessons and smaller groups. Book your lessons early!
- Check out these resources from the Sun Valley Resort for more information about the 20/21 ski season: