BALDY BANKED SLALOM
January 16, 2021 @ 8:00 am - January 17, 2021 @ 8:00 am
2021 Schedule Coming Soon!
Sun Valley’s only snowboard specific event is back for the 9th year! The Baldy Banked Slalom is a qualifier for the legendary Mt Baker Banked Slalom held in February. This year the BBS will be held at the top of Warm Springs run and end just before I-80. Timing will be done using sophisticated RF chip sensors placed on each competitors front leg. The event is sponsored by Fat Tire, Traeger Grills, Idarado Media, YETI, Patagonia, Sun Valley Resort, Smith Optics, Board Bin, MTN Approach, and Olympia Provisions.
Cost: $50 registration fee includes an event t-shirt from Press Print House.
All racers MUST have a valid lift ticket/season pass.
Discounted $50 lift tickets are available to registered racers.
Format: Best of 2 runs.
- Practice runs on course 2-4 pm (top of Warm Springs lift)
- Pre-registration The Cellar Pub. (400 Sun Valley Rd, Ketchum, ID 83340) 5-8pm
- 8–9 am – Registration at Warm Springs Base Lodge (waver signature and bib/chip pick-up)
- 9-10 am – Practice – top of Warm Springs lift.
- 10am – Race starts.
- 4pm – Awards ceremony – location TBD
- After Party – 21 and older – locaction TBD