05/01/2019 - 8:30am
Check back soon for the 2019 schedule.
Free wildflower walks Mid-May through Early October, rain or shine. The Sawtooth Botanical Garden and the Wood River Chapter of the Idaho Native Plant Society will lead you to spectacular and diverse habitats around the valley. Children 7 and older are welcome with an adult, but no dogs, please. Bring walking shoes, sunscreen, a lunch and plenty of water.
2018 Field Trip Schedule:
- May 19 – Botany & Birds at Centennial Marsh, Local botanists and birders
- June 1-2 – Rare Plants of Craters of the Moon, Lynn Kinter, IDFG botanist (evening talk & all day field trip)
- June 13 – Early WRV Wildflowers (Part 1; 9:30 AM), Jeanne Cassell, wildflower enthusiast
- June 27 – Early WRV Wildflowers (Part 2; 9:30 AM), Jeanne Cassell, wildflower enthusiast
- July 14 – Mountain Wildflowers of 4th of July Lake, TBD
- August 11 – Apollo Creek Meadows, Lisa Horton, botanist, and friends
- September 15 – One (heck of a) Big Tree, John Shelly, retired Forest Service
- October 6 – Autumn Color, Jim Rineholt, retired Forest Service forester